10 Creative and Imaginative Photography Dissertation Topics with Guidance to Make a Difference!!!
Students often ask, “What should be the
topic of our photography dissertation?”
Before asking the above question, they must know photography as a subject.
Photography is the branch of fine arts and it has remained in one or other form throughout the world history. In ancient times it was in the form of paintings which were made here and there. With more advance approach, the photography came to the scene. And now it is one of the emerging fields. Many people around the world are adopting it as a profession. Likewise, the institutes have started the degree programs in photography as well.
Role of Photography in the Current Era:
With so higher activity level in the current times, different developments are taking place more rapidly. With a blink of an eye, things become all together different. Hence the eye of camera captures these very scenes and keeps them preserved for the coming generations. The recent world cup of football in South Africa is one of the examples. The heart throbbing moments, the scenes of joy, sadness and amazement were captured by the camera. This tells all about the importance of the photography.
Photography Dissertation Topics
Bearing the importance of the photography, the professionals writephotography dissertation to highlight the positive and negative points of the profession. Moreover, the students are also asked to write the dissertation on a topic for the completion of their degree. Hence the following photography dissertation ideas will give the students a wide choice in their selection.
- Photography – as a profession and as a hobby
- Photography in sports, journalism and other fields
- Importance of photography in different specialized areas
- The evolution of photography – history up till now
- The new equipment of photography – improvements as compared to older technology
- The effect of lighting in the photography
- How to produce the best photography – angles and approaches
- What improvements must be brought in the modern photography?
- The role of ethics in the photography
- Photography verses painting – emphasizing the natural aspect of the view.
How to Write Successful Photography Dissertation
The selection of the photography dissertation topic is followed by a proper approach towards the writing of dissertation. Therefore the following steps would give a perfect way for approaching the dissertation.
Knowing the Topic:
- Search about the topic and read the relevant material.
- Make the notes of important points
- Apart from reading books, use the search engines for the material search
Expand Your Limits by Knowing the Other Topics:
- Read the various other works on the photography
- Make a difference between good and bad photography
Emphasize On Your Points:
- Make your arguments strong by emphasizing on them
- There should be relevance in the arguments
Reading the Dissertation:
- The dissertation must be read properly so that no mistake remains
- Give the sources of your consultation
Thinking Out Of the Box:
- The dissertation must not be orthodox in nature.
- There should be justified criticism of precedent works and logical suggestions for improvements.
Photography dissertation has got its foothold in the recent years, for it has now become a profession from a mere hobby. The institutes offer the quality of education in photography. Students of photography write dissertations on the subject. Therefore the above topics might help students in selecting their photography dissertation topics.
How To Compose Good Photography Dissertation Topics
If you are trying to complete a photography dissertation, and you are in need of the perfect topic, then look no further.
The perfect dissertation topic is one which has been approved by your advisor (or at least will be approved). It should also be something that you really love. Since the dissertation is such a long process, you are going to be stuck with the topic you picked for a while, so make sure you won’t get bored with it midway through the project.
That being said, below are a few generic dissertation topics from which you can choose. Remember that you need to ensure it is something relatable to your field, and also something about which you are passionate. It is best for you to consider the list below as a foundation. It is a stepping stone which ought inspire you to brain storm and free write until you find something that you love:
- You can write a dissertation about the impact that photojournalism has had on charities and giving. Many people who participate in athletic fundraisers have been able to gain increased sponsorships because a photojournalist captured them in the event. This brings them great publicity, as does their cause and their sponsors. Can photojournalism be used effectively to raise more money for charities?
- You can write a dissertation about photoshop and how celebrity magazine covers are often re-touched. This has brought with it a storm of dissent, particularly from those who argue that airbrushing has produced a negative mind set in society. Teens and adolescent girls are particularly at risk because they see celebrities whom they admire and then strive for a perfect and touched up body too. Self harm and eating disorders spring from this and photographers seem to be the fence about it.
- You can write a dissertation about the merits of black and white prints for landscape photography compared to color. It is argued that ethereal beauty from landscapes can be better captured using black and white. And yet, one could argue that this takes away greatly from many of the aspects of photography, lighting, color, etc…
- You can write a dissertation about whether professional photography still utilizes privacy. Those who work in the public sphere seem ever at risk for exploitation from photographers. Should personal ethics be all that there is to rely upon in this case?