Cover Letter Tips for Management
Looking for jobs usually takes time, but with a little research, youre more likely to find a position that matches your skills and interests. Here are some general tips to keep in mind:
1. Network, Network. Many people get jobs because they know people. Get your name out there and dont miss out on recruiting fairs. Plus, if youre lucky to snag an interview, youll be more comfortable having already met the hiring manager.
2. Be prepared to wait. Each organization hires differently, but the application process for most jobs in Management will be longer than just a few days. Be respectful of timelines, and get started as early as you can.
3. Be prepared for rejection. Competition is fierce, especially in smaller markets. Getting turned down is common simply due to the sheer number of applicants for each position. Be persistent and dont let this get you down.
4. Do plenty of research. Avoid walking blindly into an interview. Before applying to any jobs in Management, make sure youve read up on the organization and job description.
5. Get help if youre lost. Job seeking can be a hectic process, and theres nothing wrong with seeking advice. Consider a staffing company or a professional cover letter builder. If youre a student, dont ignore the great resources available in your schools career center.
Mr Brian Harris
Made Up Road
28th April 2011
Dear Mr Harris
Your advertisement for a site manager caught my eye. After reading the job description I am confident that my capabilities, experience and passion for excellence will make me a perfect candidate for your vacancy.
My background includes extensive familiarity with management processes and procedures, including; implementing successful solutions, cost reduction, staff training and carrying out audits and assessments.
If I am given the opportunity to meet you in person you will quickly see my potential and also be assured of my capabilities, relevant experience and knowledge.
I can be reached in confidence via telephone or email and look forward to meeting you in person. Alternatively if acceptable, I will contact you over the next few days to verify receipt of my CV, answer any questions you have, and also chedule an interview at your convenience.
120 Vyse Street
Telephone: 0870 061 0121
Site manager CV sample
Cover letter examples
CV template examples