The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has announced a national level essay writing competition for the students of affiliated schools to celebrate 67th Republic Day. The competition will be held between January 10 to January 16, 2016 in all the schools for all the students. The results
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has announced a national level essay writing competition for the students of affiliated schools to celebrate 67th Republic Day. The competition will be held between January 10 to January 16, 2016 in all the schools for all the students. The results of the competition will be declared on January 26, 2016, on the eve of Republic Day.
"The Central Board of Secondary Education joins hands with the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India, to conduct an essay writing competition, in English and Hindi, for students in schools located in India and outside the country," the CBSE circular stated.
The competition will be held in three categories:
Class 1 to 4
- What I wish for my country
- How I can make my school a happy place
- As a citizen of India, my duties are...
- Small acts of kindness can make a big difference
Class 5 to 8
- Welfare of my society depends on my well being
- The functions and importance of free press in a society
- The rights and responsibilities of a citizen
- A true hero is a unifying force in the society
Class 9 to 12
- Discovering the hero within myself...
- Why exercising the right to vote is a citizen's fundamental duty
- The changing role of citizenship from per-independent India to the present
- The role I can play in my community to uphold children's rights
Each school will send top 5 essays from each category to CBSE and a panel of experts will select the top 25 entries in each category. Originality of ideas will be given more credit.Winners will be awarded with a Certificate of Achievement and a cash prize.
Cash prizes of Rs 2,000, Rs 3,000 and Rs 4,000 will be given to winners of category 1, 2 and 3 respectively.
READ: CBSE schools to organise GANIT week to mark the birth anniversary of mathematician Ramanujan
To mark the importance of Constitution Day, the Central Board of Secondary Education is organising an essay competition on the Constitution of India for school students. The
To mark the importance of Constitution Day, the Central Board of Secondary Education is organising an essay competition on the Constitution of India for school students. The competition will be conducted from November 28 to November 30. Students from Class 1 to Class 12 can participate in the competition which will be held in 22 scheduled languages.
"To promote a clear understanding and awareness about the constitution and to make the younger generation know the salient features and the importance of the constitution of India, the Central Board of Secondary Education announces an Online Essay Competition on the Constitution of India," the circular issued by D. T. Sudharsan Rao, J S and I/C (Academics and Training) said.
The competition will be held in three categories: Class 1 to 5, Class 6 to 8 and Class 9 to 12. Best 36 entries and best 12 entries from each category, will be awarded a cash prize of Rs 2500 and a Certificate of Merit. The topics for all three categories are:
1. Class 1 to 5
- My duties as a responsible citizen of India
- Our National Symbols
- What do you know about the Constitution of India
2. Class 6 to 8
- The unique features of the Constitution of India
- The Preamble: the ideal of the people of India
- The Constitution of India symbolizes
- Significance of the Constitution of India
3. For Class 9 to 12
- The making of the Constitution of India
- Role of the Constitution of India in our everyday life
- The Constitution of India: a living document
- Fundamental Rights and Fundamental Duties are complementary to each other
The students can get more details on the official website of CBSE, the link for which is www.cbseacademic.in
READ: CBSE announces results of Expression Series on Sardar Patel
READ: Constitution Day: Schools organise essay writing and poster making competition to celebrate the occasion
To find all the news updates on education click here.