The purpose of a Call to Action Statement is to persuade your audience into doing (or feeling) something that you intend. Whether you are marketing a product for the reader to buy, or requesting the reader to do something, you can maximize the outcome by with an effect Call to Action Statement. Persuasive essays often call for this type of statement as the point of the paper that your topic/thesis sentence and your body paragraph should support. Call to Action statements are found are in conclusion paragraphs, with purposes listed below. A good Call to Action Statement may be the difference between a mediocre paper and an excellent one. If you can convince your teacher to save electricity, you might have in turn convinced him/her that you deserve an A. Here are some tips towards an efficient Call to Action Statement.
- If you are asking the audience to answer to your Call to Action, you need to Keep It Simple, Silly (KISS). The easier it is to comply with your Call to Action, the more likely that you will get the results you are looking for. When it begins to become complicated, those who might have acted ideally will become dissuaded from its complexity or may even feel incapable of the action.
- Depending on the action, and in keeping it simple, you want to limit yourself to only a handful of “Calls to Action”. Too many statements make the focus or direction unclear. You do not want the reader to get overwhelmed with everything you are wanting them to do.
- What sounds more persuasive? “These could be saved with your help!” or “Click here!” The verb and tense that you choose can make a difference. Use impacting action verbs with active speech to get the most out of your verb.
- With a Call to Action, you are asking your audience to act accordingly to your recommendation. Do not forget to explain why your audience should follow your instructions. Provide a few statements of support (pros). Try and give the reader a reason to think they are on top, but avoid being deceitful. Within a persuasive essay, these details should be apparent enough that you do not need an entire paragraph to explain. You want the reader to feel that the action should be obvious from reading your paper.
- In an essay, your thesis or topic statement should go hand in hand with your Call to Action Statement. If your thesis statement is about how penguins are becoming endangered, do not provide your reader with the call to action to buy fuel efficient cars.
- If your Call to Action is in the form of a PowerPoint, Web Page, or other media, do not be afraid to think outside the box. Other forms of media provide you with room for creativity.
10 Ways To Get Better At Essay Writing
How To Write A Good Call To Action Statement
Miami Flordia Tutoring Companies
California Essay Writing
New York Essay Writing Companies
Why should you spend some time reading the given article? Well, it's not that easy to choose the best persuasive essay topics out of a pool of great ideas. We will give you a hint what a makes every persuasive paper different from the rest of the academic papers.
The list you will find here is not aiming high just to persuade people that you're right. These topics have many angles, so you may use them to catch an eye of your reader, argue about the specific issue, and then persuade that your idea is right. Once you manage to do so, you're promised a good grade.
In case you are a school or college students who is still reading my introduction, know that I achieved my primary goal: I persuaded you to keep on observing this piece of information. By sharing a number of great ideas with you, I hope that you'll learn when and why argumentative essay topics should be used.
What Is a Persuasive Essay?
Any high school or college (scholarship) essay includes several important steps to obey: it states the topic's thesis, provides supporting arguments based on the reliable evidence, and then concludes. It all depends on the conclusion how effective your persuasive paper was. The evidence and vivid examples you find during your research help to deliver your message to the target audience.
Before deciding on the topics, school and college students have to dedicate enough time to learn more information about the particular type of academic paper.
There are three important life lessons you should learn about the persuasive essay first:
- Definition: A persuasive paper aims to persuade the readers the writer is right with his judgments. Such paper must incite action and lead the audience to a chosen point of view on the selected topics, as well as convince the public they don't get the main idea of the matter in contrast to the author.
- Persuasive essay outline. Look for the details below.
- Free examples of school and college essays on different topics.
Most probably, you feel like you care about the issue I plan to cover now. I have persuaded you in learning the basics of writing a persuasive essay as it is important for your school and college career. Now, it is time to dig a bit deeper.
Writing Persuasive Essay Outline
By its structure, a persuasive piece on any topics looks pretty much the same as other types of academic papers. Based on your research, you must support every argument with facts and statistics. Use in-text quotations to cite specific sources. Take some time to learn more about various paper formats.
While trying to defend your thesis, don't hesitate to play dirty. You may motivate your readers to feel anger, pain, and happiness. Every argumentative essay should have an opposing view which will help you to prove you're right.
Place your argumentative paper in the following way:
- Introduction paragraph
- A powerful hook
- Point to your target audience
- Writing thesis statement
- Body paragraphs (2-3)
- Argumentative paragraph Supporting fact or example 1 with evidence.
- Argumentative paragraph Supporting fact or example 2 with evidence.
- Argumentative paragraph Supporting fact or example 3 with evidence.
- Conclusion part
We offer an outline above to keep for your further academic writing activity. It will help not to get lost.
Best Persuasive Essay Topics You Can Test
At any age, you may face the need to convince people of the importance of your ideas. Thus, we offer the following ideas which suit persuasive text writing best of all.
- Should violent video games be banned among high school and college students?
It might be easy to persuade your teacher or parents, but if you write to reach the children, you might face strong opposition in the face of those people who support video games.
You must show how you care about the topic as you're a student too. You should play with the feelings of those people by, for example, recalling Columbine High School Massacre. It is better to conduct additional research to get the latest facts and statistics on mass murders in schools and colleges. Find a strong argumentative part which points to the threats of violent games.
- Financial motivation improves academic achievements
Some parents see no other way than starting to pay their children when they get a good grade at school. Everyone needs money to spend them on the things they enjoy.
There are people who do not support such decisions. They believe this way parents help their children to waste family budget on useless and even harmful things like alcohol and cigarettes. You may try to prove that great students do not have time for smoking or drinking. They would be unable to earn good grades otherwise.
- Technological progress does not possess any risks to the public
Many teachers and parents are against the rapid technological advancement as they think children spend all their free time in front of their computers instead of going outside and doing good old stuff.
List the pros and cons of modern technologies, still trying to defend your personal point of view.
- Are different types of social media dangerous to our privacy?
There is a spread public opinion that government and other structures have a right to access the social account of any citizen.
In your persuasive essay, try to show that even if the government does so, it won't use the private information of every user for its own purposes. Instead, they are doing so to protect people.
- Topics on different types of political regime
We are used to living in a democratic society where the government does not have enough power to control the life of every individual fully.
The goal of your text this time is to prove that freedom is not always good. Conduct a primary research on real historical episodes when democracy led to chaos. Use literary sources like the book "Divergent" to help the public understand there are two sides of the coin.
- LSD is not harmful to human physical health
Problems associated with drugs are rather contradictive. Based on the evidence from your research, you can first support people who support the free usage of LSD. While it is safe for our body, it may destroy the brain.
Try to support only one of the offered ideas and persuade the wide public in your opinion.
- Working hours must be made flexible
In such argumentative paper, you should write on the influence of lack of sleep on human health and productivity.
- Government must increase the minimum wage each time there is an inflation
You must know all aspects of financial topics once you choose them. It may take the time to conduct a research on the real causes and consequences of inflation, but your arguments have to be strong.
- Education should be free in every country
By fighting for justice, you may encourage many people to take your side. It's just important to operate the right words. List the disadvantages of the paid public education.
- People should not be allowed to keep dangerous animals at home
If you are a victim of the animal attack, you should offer reasons to ban exotic or dangerous animals as the pets. At least, you should try to insist on the special measures to increase the safety of people around.
Please feel free to explore other examples of great persuasive essay topics. However, if you choose to be the best, it is time to think about extra measures. The right place to improve your academic performance is, no doubt, a specialized online writing service. Here, you can order original papers with strong arguments on any persuasive topics in the world to earn the highest score on your test or entire course!
In need of professional academic backing? – Look no further!